Each Domain Name Includes
24/7 Expert Support
Our in-house, expert team is always on hand to help answer your questions, solve your domain name issues, get you started, and grow your presence online. You can chat or email us any time!
By definition, a domain name is simply a human readable form of an IP address. In function it is the destination that you type into a web browser in order to visit a website, such a www.servergigabit.com. Metaphorically, it is very similar to how you would scroll to a contact in your cell phone rather than manually dialing the person by entering their full phone number; the phone number would be an IP address and the saved contact would be a domain name. Always buy a domain with a reputable domain registrar.
Yes. You can transfer either the domain registration or simply update the DNS at your current registrar to point to your servergigabit.com hosting account, or both. We would recommend both hosting and maintaining the domain registration with us in order to ensure the optimum support experience.
- The domain name covers the technical IP address which is not of interest to most viewers. Imagine what happens if visitors to your site need to key in your IP address, 192.168.1.xxx to visit your site. Therefore, for any business a simple and easy domain name to remember is extremely important.
- Any time you visit a website, your browser and machine must read the DNS records of your website to find files that are stored on a server.
- Domain name system (DNS) is the friendly naming system for giving address to a website.
All domain names must be registered before use. No two similar domain names can exist at the same time. Therefore, reserve your domain name before it’s taken by others! Check your domain status here.
- A domain name must only contain characters from A to Z, 0 – 9;
- A domain name may contain “hyphen/-” but must not begin or end with a hyphen;
- Spaces and special characters, such as question marks (?), exclamation points (!), and underscores (_) are never permitted;
- A domain name cannot have hyphens as the 3rd and 4th characters (reserved for multilingual domain registration eg: xn--example.com)
- The information provided in the domain name registration must be valid, correct, up to date and complete;
- Domain name owners must ensure their domain Whois information is always up to date.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is the organization that governs the rules and regulations for domain name registrations. ICANN requires, for various reasons including to determine ownership of a domain should a dispute transpire, that a publicly accessible database be maintained that contains the contact information of all domain registrants. In layman’s terms this means your domain name will be searchable by anyone and those search results will include your full name, physical address and other contact information. In order to protect your privacy in this regard, servergigabit.com offers WHOIS Domain Privacy which then masks your information using our own and implements a procedure for you to control who is able to then gain access to your contact information via a WHOIS search. Whenever you buy a domain name, no matter what domain name registration service you use, you are subject to the same ICANN rules, for this reason it is important to use a reputable service who cares about your privacy. Servergigabit.com always recommends enabling WHOIS Domain Privacy.
Absolutely. In order to convey an air of professionalism with your online business, or even just make a good first impression, it is important to use an email address that matches your domain name. Servergigabit.com makes this very easy to set up once you complete your domain name registration.
- Domain life cycle is the cycle of domain ownership process. After you purchase a domain name, you will receive an email which indicates that you have successfully registered the domain name. This also signifies the beginning of your domain name. Domain lifecycle is divided into five stages upon your successful purchase for the domain name.
- Domain activated
Your domain name will be activated upon your successful payment
- Domain de-activated
Your domain name will be de-activated upon domain expiry date for 30 days.
- Domain redemption period
After the de-activated period, your domain will proceed to redemption period for 30 days. If you decide to redeem back your domain name in this period, you will be charge extra redemption fee of USD200 + renewal fee
- Pending delete domain
At this stage (5 days) your site visitor will be redirected to your registrar default DNS page
- Available for registration
The domain name is now re-open to public for registration. Anyone can register for this domain name on first come first serve basis.