Protecting your privacy is Servergigabit’s top priority. Therefore, we operate our website under the following guidelines to safeguard your personal identifications.
Servergigabit policies and procedures in handling customer information have been created with the understanding that Internet technologies are still evolving. In addition, Internet business methods are evolving to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing technologies. As a result, Servergigabit policies and procedures are subject to change.
How does Servergigabit collect information from you?
Servergigabit collects your personal information directly through the forms you fill on our website (including any application, services or the software that runs through our system), corresponding with Servergigabit by e-mail, writing to Servergigabit by post, or speaking to Servergigabit by a phone call. Moreover, Servergigabit also collects information from you when you browse the Website and use the Software. Some of the methods Servergigabit uses to collect data are automated and will take effect automatically as you navigate the Website and/or use the Software.
What information does Servergigabit collect?
Personal information means any information related to an identity of a person ; whereby they can be identified directly or indirectly. This happens by referring to your name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person (“Personal Information”).
Servergigabit may collect the following Personal Information from you :
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Postal address
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Information about the type of browser you use,
- Your operating system
- The screen resolution of your browser,
- Your ISP
- Pages you view on the Website and the time and duration of your visits to the Website
- Credit card number (in the case of direct customers) and, if applicable
- Company name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, national identification number, passport number, credit card number or tax ID number as well as similar information concerning technical contacts, marketing contacts, and executive contacts within your company or organisation.
If you communicate with Servergigabit, Servergigabit may collect information relating to that communication whether it is in the form of e-mail, letter, forum posting, testimonials or any other form of communication between you and Servergigabit or submitted by you to the Website (collectively, “User Communications”).
If you use one of Servergigabit’ services such as Servergigabit‘ Web Hosting, Dedicated Server, VPS, Domain Name or SSL, Servergigabit may collect certain information concerning such services and server upon which the services operates. This information includes without limitation:
- The licensed or unlicensed status of the software used under the services
- The source from which the license for the software was obtained (i.e., Servergigabit or an Servergigabit affiliate)
- Information about the server upon which the software is installed including (i) the public IP address, (ii) the operating system and (iii) the use of any virtualization technologies on such server (collectively,“Server Information”)
Additionally, “Server Information” may also include information collected by Servergigabit from time to time concerning which features of the software are most often used. This is to improve and make adjustments to the software; and information collected from you by Servergigabit in the event that you request technical support services including without limitation :
- IP addresses
- Usernames and passwords necessary to login to SSH
- The directory of the server upon which you installed the software and any affected accounts including email accounts, MySQL accounts and other accounts.
Servergigabit also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. Servergigabit may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
What information does Servergigabit collect if you’re under the age of 13?
By default, Servergigabit does not collect personal information about children under the age of 13. If Servergigabit has inadvertently collected personal information of children under the age of 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible, except where Servergigabit is required by applicable law to keep it.
Servergigabit will obtain parental/guardian consent prior to using the personal information for children that are above the age of 13 but considered a minor under applicable law.
How does Servergigabit use and store the information it collects?
As a general matter, Servergigabit may use the personal information you disclose to improve the website, services, products or any other specified purposes. Below are the prior details on how Servergigabit uses your information :
- Servergigabit may use Personal Information : to create and authenticate your account, to process transactions you request such as domain name registration in order to perform any contract with Servergigabit, to provide you with customer and technical support and to communicate with you about your account and Servergigabit’ products and services.
- The Personal Information you provide to Servergigabit allows Servergigabit to provide you with the newsletters and mailing lists that you have signed up for. If you do not want to be on Servergigabit’ mailing list, you can opt out any time by changing your settings in the ‘My Details’ page within the client area.
- Servergigabit may also use Personal Information to offer, market or advertise Servergigabit products and services to you. While such Servergigabit products and services may reference, incorporate or include third-party products and services, Servergigabit will not use your Personal Information to independently offer, market or advertise third-party products and services unless Servergigabit first obtains your consent to do so.
- From time to time, Servergigabit may use your Personal Information to send important notices, such as important product updates and communications about purchases as well as changes to Servergigabit’ terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important for your interaction with Servergigabit you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- Where you consent to Servergigabit doing so, Servergigabit may use your Personal Information to send you direct marketing communications. Should you ever choose to ‘opt out’ of receiving such communications, Servergigabit may retain your Personal Information on file to ensure that Servergigabit does not continue to target you with communications of the type that you have asked Servergigabit to cease sending to you.
- In accordance with established policies and procedures, Servergigabit will periodically destroy or erase any Personal Information that is no longer needed.
- Servergigabit may use User Communications in the same way as Servergigabit uses Personal Information. If you communicate with Servergigabit for a particular purpose, Servergigabit may use your User Communications for that purpose. For example, if you contact Servergigabit for technical support, Servergigabit may use your communications to provide technical support to you.
- Servergigabit may use Server Information to provide you with technical support services and to maintain, evaluate, improve and provide Servergigabit products and services. Servergigabit may also use such information to investigate unlicensed (and therefore unauthorised) uses of Servergigabit’ software.
Where is your Personal Information stored?
How does Servergigabit protect your Data Security?
Servergigabit will protect the confidentiality of your personal information, account information and personal communications to the fullest extent possible and consistent with the law and the legitimate interests of Servergigabit, its partners, its employees and other customers of Servergigabit services. To protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information that is collected from customers, Servergigabit has appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place.
How can I modify my personal information?
You may modify your personal information by logging a Help Desk ticket to make the request or update from the Servergigabit Client Billing System.
If you have registered a domain name with Servergigabit and wish to change the Technical Contact from Servergigabit to another company or change any other registration information, you should be able to do so by logging into the respective Domain Registrar Control Panel. Servergigabit provides you with full access to your domain account by sending you your own username and password. It is important to note that your domain name registration information is made publicly available in the registry of domain names. In the event you lose your domain password, you can log a Help Desk ticket and we will re-send the password to the email address on the domain registration record. In the event you lose your password and the email address on record with Domain Registrar is no longer valid, a direct request to Domain Registrar is required, therefore it is important to keep your Domain Registrar email address current as well as your email address with Servergigabit.
Will Servergigabit Ever Send Me Direct Mailings?
From time to time, Servergigabit may send you information about various products and services that may be of interest. We will not send you information of this type without specifically allowing you to “opt out” of such mailings. You can opt out by sending an e-mail to [email protected], however by doing so, you may miss important communication regarding your service.
In addition, if you are an Servergigabit reseller, Servergigabit and/or its partners and advertisers may from time to time send you newsletters, promotional material, and other mailings. You can opt out by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
How Do I Protect My Personal Information In Public Forums?
Servergigabit may offer interactive forums, such as message boards and chat. You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose Personal Information to other users or to third parties on the Servergigabit system, through e-mail, or outside of the Servergigabit system, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other members or third parties. While Servergigabit strives to protect your Personal Information, Servergigabit cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Servergigabit, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
Information and access to your Personal Information
Based on what you have told Servergigabit, Servergigabit tries to ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of Personal Information or restriction of processing concerning your Personal Information or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. Servergigabit will comply with erasure requests as long as Servergigabit is not required to retain the Personal Information by law and does not need to retain it for its legitimate business purposes. Servergigabit may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by emailing [email protected].
As a Data Subject you have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Information. These include your rights:
To ask Servergigabit to confirm what (if any) Personal Information Servergigabit holds relating to you and how that data is processed and used by Servergigabit(of.ten referred to as a ‘Subject Access Request’);
To have Servergigabit rectify Personal Information which Servergigabit holds about you that is inaccurate;
To have Servergigabit erase Personal Information which relates to you if it is no longer necessary for Servergigabit to continue to process it, or if Servergigabit has no lawful basis to store, process or retain it (though Servergigabit does have rights to refuse these requests in certain situations);
To object to Servergigabit processing your Personal Information;
To be informed about the existence of any automated decision making and profiling of your Personal Information, and where appropriate, be provided with meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing that affects you;
To have Servergigabit provide you with a copy of your Personal Information for transfer to an alternative provider of similar services.
Should you ever wish to exercise one or more of these rights you should contact Servergigabit at [email protected].
Third party websites
Servergigabit Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Servergigabit partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Servergigabit does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
Cookies do this by storing information about your preferences on your device, including the device model, manufacturer, screen resolution, device capabilities, service provider, country and city location data. Servergigabit uses the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary: These cookies enable Servergigabit’ Website to function correctly and deliver the services and products you have requested.
Your cookie choices
For more information about what cookies are and your rights to control cookies, please visit the third party educational resource www.allaboutcookies.org.
What About Privacy On Sites That Servergigabit Links To?
Servergigabit may provide links to its partners and other Internet sites. These sites have separate data and privacy practices independent of Servergigabit, and Servergigabit disclaims any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions.
How does Servergigabit disclose the Personal Information it collects?
Servergigabit will not otherwise disclose its customers’ personal and account information unless Servergigabit has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of Servergigabit, Servergigabit customers, or others, or where Servergigabit has a good faith belief that the law requires such disclosure.
Servergigabit cannot be responsible for protecting your Personal Information if you share such information in publicly available sections of the Website such as the user forums or testimonials section. You should use your own judgment in disclosing this information on the Website.
Servergigabit also will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that Servergigabit stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which Servergigabit will disclose such electronic customer communications are when:
- It is necessary in order to provide service to the customer;
- It is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Servergigabit and its customers;
- It is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants, or other legal process that Servergigabit determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and
- It is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by Servergigabit and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
Servergigabit disclaims any intention to censor, edit or engage in ongoing review or surveillance of communications stored on or transmitted through its facilities by customers or others. Servergigabit will, however, review, delete or block access to communications that may harm Servergigabit, its customers or third parties. The grounds on which Servergigabit may take such action include, but are not limited to, actual or potential violations of Servergigabit policies.
Servergigabit may disclose your Personal Information to affiliated third parties that assist Servergigabit in providing maintaining, evaluating, improving and providing the Website, the Services and any other Servergigabit products and services. Servergigabit may disclose your Personal Information to affiliated third parties for the purposes of offering, marketing or advertising Servergigabit products and services to you (such Servergigabit products and services may reference, incorporate or include third-party products and services). In such an event, Servergigabit will take reasonable measures to prevent such affiliated third parties from using your Personal Information for other purposes.